Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Against the Norm response

November or was it in October? I have no idea.
I am only posting this for the benefit of Jeff.  [Neff. Blk A ; psychology]


Against the “norm” response

The observations, I was able to obtain during my against the norm experiment, by sitting in the middle of the mall for ten minutes, were very interesting. Many people stared while I was on the ground, out of them a lot had a fairly curious expression on their faces. While younger adults or teens look away when I make eye contact with them, elders and seniors often stare with a disgust look in their face. People who noticed me, talked to their companions and ask questions while taking quick stares towards me. There was a particular lady who eyed me and quickly went to a store sales to report my behavior. The store sales only smiled and nodded to what she said. Overall, during this experiment I was expecting to feel very uncomfortable. Before I started the experiment I constantly wanting to sit near a wall so i would not be seen, but that would not have gotten me the results I have now. Once I started the experiment, to my surprise I did not feel uncomfortable at all, and I rather found much amusement in other people's expressions as they noticed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment